Number of results: 69
, currently showing 41 to 60.
Maldon
Maldon's Elim Pentecostal Church is the home of the Maldon Food Pantry food bank as well as a centre for worship. Normal Sunday services are at 11:00 and all are very welcome.
Maldon
The World War Two Avenue of Remembrance at Promenade Park, beginning close to the boating lake, consists of 86 Horse Chestnut trees that were planted in 1987 to commemorate local people who died serving their country during World War Two.
Burnham-on-Crouch
Affectionately known as St Mary's, there has been a church on this site since 1155, possibly even earlier, and as such the fabric of the building reflects a long and eventful history.
Maldon
The building in Wantz Road has been used by the Salvation Army for many years as our place of Worship and Christian Service. Our regular Sunday morning service is at 10.30am with various events throughout the week, including our toddler group on…
Great Totham
Totham Barn Chapel Evangelical Free Church is a grade II listed building. It has a small but active fellowship and regular meetings.
Wickham Bishops
Great Braxted, Little Braxted and Wickham Bishops war memorial is a Grade II listed stone memorial with a tall, hexagonal pillar topped with an orb and cross, standing on a three-step hexagonal plinth. The memorial was given to the area by Mr and…
Tillingham
This Grade II listed parish church has a beautiful setting in the village square in Tillingham, surrounded by white weatherboarded cottages. It is also home to the village's war memorials.
Mayland
Maylands Baptist Church is a small, friendly fellowship enjoying a relaxed, informal style of worship. With no regular Pastor, the congregation enjoys a variety of preachers and speakers from many Christian sources and organisations. These often…
Mundon
The church of St. Mary in Mundon is cared for by the Friends of Friendless Churches and it is now conserved as a Grade 1 listed medieval church. After a major programme of restoration and repair it is once again open to the public daily.
Stow Maries
The parish church of St Mary and St Margaret is Grade II* Listed. The church chancel was built in the 14th century and the nave in the 15th century. The churchyard has five Commonwealth War Graves.
Tillingham
This church belongs to the Evangelical Fellowship of Congregational Churches. It is the only remaining Congregational Church in the Dengie Hundred and as such draws a congregation from a wider area .
Bradwell-on-Sea
Grade II Listed church dating from the 14th century, with the parish War Memorial inside and Commonwealth War Graves and a Roll of Honour memorial in its grounds. The church has a medieval timber porch, parish cage and peal of bells.
Southminster
Southminster War Memorial is a 2.4m obelisk in the grounds of St Leonard's Church, bearing the names of 75 casualties of war.
Maldon
The original modest chapel on this site was replaced by this handsome building in 1801. This was as a result of the popularity of the resident preacher Reverend Joseph Billio. His enthusiasm and inspirational energy had caused the congregation to…
Burnham-on-Crouch
All Saints' Church at Creeksea lies in an idyllic setting with beautiful views over the River Crouch. The current church building dates from the 1870s although there has been a church on this site since the 13th century.
Cold Norton
A small church situated on the edge of the village of Cold Norton.
Maldon
Maldon Methodist Church has a varied programme of worship and activities. The main Sunday service is at 10:30 which features both traditional and modern hymns, with occasional livelier services aimed at young families. There are regular coffee…
Maldon
St. Mary's Church is known locally as the Fisherman's Church as its tower guides sailors and their craft into the Hythe Quay. The existing building dates from 1130, but archaeological evidence suggests that it used to be the site of a Saxon church.
Beeleigh
Beeleigh Falls is home to a series of water falls, locks and weirs on the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation.
Maldon
Maldon’s Quaker Meeting House was built in 1821. It comprises two separate rooms; originally one for women and one for men, but now everyone worships together. The Georgian benches and tiered elders’ benches remain.